Who says salads are boring?
Salads don’t have to be boring. Get creative to make them delicious.
This salad is so simple to throw together and it will add a nutritional punch to your meal. It has ingredients that are in-season for the summer months.
Wondering what do to will all the zucchini coming in? Look no further. This tasty salad has fresh zucchini, garden peas, celery, purple cabbage, green onion, and then topped with sunflower seeds. It pairs well with my Balsamic Lemon Salad Dressing (recipe below).
- ZUCCHINI: Contains fiber to help support a healthy digestive tract. It’s also a great source of B vitamins and minerals.
- CELERY: Is also rich in fiber, plus loaded with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant nutrients to help combat inflammation.
- CABBAGE: Is another vegetable that really helps to heal and strengthen the digestive tract and is a great source of fiber as well.
Summer Fav Green Salad
- 1 lrg red leaf lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion sliced
- 1 cup garden peas removed from pods
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/3 cup purple cabbage sliced
- 1 med zucchini chopped
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
Balsamic Lemon Salad Dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1/2 tsp thyme dried
- 1/4 tsp salt sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- add all salad ingredient into a large serving bowl and combine.
- add all salad dressing ingredients in a small jar with lid and shake until well combined.